Tuesday, April 10, 2018

R & R with Rachel (Rants & Raves with Rachel): I got into the NYC Marathon!

A lot has happened since my last entry in which I talked about training for the upcoming Spartan Race at Citifield. The bad: I was diagnosed with arthritis in one of my knees. The good: I GOT INTO THE NYC MARATHON for November 2018!!!

I had been trying for years to get into the NYC Marathon with the lottery and lo and behold this year I did! This news was both exciting and terrifying.

Training for the marathon is now my priority. I still plan on participating in the Spartan Race which is in two weeks, so fingers crossed that I don't get injured. Performing tons of box jumps in preparation for the Spartan Race brought to light the fact that I have bad arthritis in my knee (this was discovered after a trip to the orthopedist for the knee pain and then an MRI). So, after a two week plus hiatus from any exercise I am following a 30 week marathon plan. I have taken all jumping and major strenuous activity (Spartan) out of my daily exercise as again, I DON'T WANT TO GET HURT! I am not bailing on the Spartan Race, I just plan on having fun and enjoying the day.

What have you all been up to? Have you been doing any interesting exercise routines? Email us, we would love to hear from you! And don't forget to save the date to come and cheer me on: NYC Marathon, November 4th 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment