Friday, June 30, 2017

R & R with Rachel (Rant and Raves with Rachel): Fun (and Exercise) in the Mud

This past Sunday I participated in my first 5K MuckFest with five of my relatives. The run was to raise money for MS. The MuckFest is one of the less serious of the mud runs that now seem to be trending. Races like the Tough Mudder and Spartan Race for example involve many more miles and very challenging obstacles. As the website for the Muckfest says all you need to do their race are "sneakers and a sense of humor" (well actually you do need clothing too - LOL). We crawled through mud-filled obstacles, walked through mud, climbed mud ridden hills, zip lined across a pit in which you dropped into dirty water, and more. The morning was not meant for people who did not want to get down and dirty. I had a smile on my face the entire time. It was so much fun! When I finished the last obstacle called the "Skidmark" due to the fact that you are going through mud (surprise) lying on your back and pulling yourself through with a rope, I was sad the morning was over. It was hard to believe we also ran a 5K.

So, if you don't mind mud, want a fun way to exercise while raising money for a good cause, I highly recommend signing up for a MuckFest. I should mention however that some people I knew (you know who you are) who participated and did not regularly exercise were sore the next day.

If you would like to see more of the obstacles or find out more information about the MuckFest I participated in here is the link: MuckFest

Here I am jumping off of a big swing into water

The skidmark obstacle

Crawling through a mud-filled tunnel

No comments:

Post a Comment